On Saturday 26th January, Christ’s was represented by four boats in Winter Head to Head, a 2 x 2km race. The first leg of the race spans the 2km between the Railway Bridge and the A14 Bridge. Boats then spin at the bottom of the course and race over the same distance in the opposite direction.
Read more “Winter Head to Head”
An impressive total of ten Christ’s crews raced in Fairbairns this year, with three senior boats, three novice boats and four alumni boats. Senior VIIIs raced the 4.3 km from Jesus Boathouse to just downstream of the A14 bridge. W1 raced as a IV over the 3.4 km course, finishing at the Plough pub. Due to very high wind speeds, the novice race was shortened to finish at the P&E (former location of the Pike and Eel pub), totalling 1.8 km.
- W1, 4th of Cambridge W1s (14:07, 3.4 km)
- M1, 8th of Cambridge M1s (15:24, 4.3 km)
- M2, 6th of Cambridge M2s (16:14, 4.3 km)
- NM1 07:21, 12th of Cambridge NM1s (07:21, 1.8 km)
- NM2 07:17, 2nd of Cambridge NM2s (07:17, 1.8 km)
- NW1 09:49, 27th of Cambridge NW1s (09:49, 1.8 km)
- Alumni M3 (17:06)
- Alumni M4 (17:45)
- Alumni M5 (19:36)
- Alumni W (20:06)